edited April 2017 in ORK Support
i'm using PhatRobit's RPG Camera for my in-game camera controller, and i want to use MouseLook with the cursor hidden when the player is roaming around the place. easy enough to set up, but when Ork gets control back for menus or battles or whatnot, the cursor stays hidden. of course the player can still navigate through the menus just using the navigation keys, but i think they'd expect to see, and use, the cursor in that situation

now, under normal circumstances i know how to hide and show the cursor (that's some scripting that even i can manage), and i also know how to invoke such functions from Ork Events, but the question is: where exactly would i do that? is it even possible within the normal Ork framework?

the simplest way would be to invoke the functions after some kind of IsCameraBlocked check (if it's blocked you want to show the cursor, and if it's not blocked you want to hide it again), but there doesn't seem to be such a beast, that i could find

i've been able to get a partial solution by attaching an Event Interaction to a KeyPress event, which checks if the Menu's been invoked, and hides or shows the cursor appropriately. but, that's pretty clunky, and still leaves other interactions, and battles (and probably other things, such as dropping directly out of the Main Menu after using an item) unhandled
Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • ORK will enable/disable custom controls as needed, i.e. it'd be best to put this in the OnEnable and OnDisable functions of the control component. That way each time the control is blocked/unblocked, you can show/hide the cursor as needed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • cool. thanks

i've tried that and it seems to work

there's a certain amount of the cursor flickering on and off (on a change of area, for instance) which i may try and do something about at some point, but overall that looks like the way to go