Hi Gil,

we have finally established the best possible way to save our (advanced mobile RPG) game progress on a server. The method is very similar for example what Diablo 3 is using. It is synchronizing data that are changing live with a server. So if the player disconnects, the game will load the last most "fresh" game variables and bring the game in the last state, when the player has disconnected.

We are using an advanced login system, that creates an SQL Database with all the user accounts on the server. This system can synchronize the data live with the game.

Now as we are using ORK, plus we have also purchased Makinom, so if the solution involves Makinom, we are set up for such a variant as well. Our idea is to get all the ORK Variables (inventory, characters, multiple currencies, items etc.), that are used to save the game progress, to write into the login system, so it can send it live to the server and when the player logs in, load it back.

Can you please help us out here, what variables do we need and is it possible, what are your thoughts on this method?

Thank you very much in advance,
SaVe

• You'd basically just need the save game, as it consists mostly of those things (combatants, inventory, variables, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you Gil, we will see what we can do :)