Greetings,

I'm working with two Item Collectors in my scene:

1.) An Armor (a hat) with an extensive description

2.) An Item (a blue pen) with a small description.

Both have identical Item Collectors added to their prefabs in the scene. The problem I'm having is that the hat does not show a tooltip when I mouseover it in the scene but the pen does.

Secondly, if I have an item to be collected from a 'box type prefab' in a scene, mousing over the box will show a tooltip of the item in the box. (.E.g. say there's a health potion in the box, you would see 'Restores 50 health' because that would be the description of the health pot.) Kinda spoils opening the box :)

I've tried enabling and disabling the Enable Tooltip checkbox under Inventory Settings > Item Box. I don't see such a setting for Item Collection. And I don't know how to find any other places where I may or may not have enabled tooltips over the years I've used ORK :) . Maybe we need a global search for such things :D.

I'm not sure where else these settings may be coming from. As far as the hat and pen are concerned, I can live with it being one way or the other. It could be confusing though to get a tooltip on some things and not on others though.

Thanks!
  • Does your Tooltip HUD have Armors enabled?

A Box type item collector doesn't have a tooltip, only the choices in the opened dialogue (if enabled in the Item Box settings in the inventory settings). If you're getting a tooltip from the box in the scene, you probably set it up to be a single or random item.
    Also, if you want a tooltip on it, you can add a Scene Object component to it to display information.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much! I knew it was somewhere that I had forgotten about. ORK is such a wonderfully huge framework. And I forget where I've set things up.

And thank you for the information on the Box type collector. I'll check that out. :)