edited June 2017 in ORK Support
I'm trying to make a combatant change its position when its hit by an ability. Help please =).
Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • There's a wide range of Movement nodes to do that job :)

In case you want to move the battle spot as well, that can be accessed through a Waypoint object (instead of Actor), e.g. the User Base is the battle spot of the user.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is it possible to use the outcome of a formula to determine where a change position node will send a combatant.

I see an option to use a formula under time used to move the combatant.
  • I haven't tried it, but I think you can use Rigidbody nodes to determine distance from a force.
  • It's somewhat possible - as you already discovered, you can use it to limit the time in some movement nodes.

Otherwise, you could use a Change Game Variable node to store the formula result into a float variable. Afterwards, you can use a Check Game Variable or Game Variable Fork node to perform different movement nodes based on the value.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here's what I came up with for a node chain. I'm not really sure how most of these settings work yet.

Change Game Variable: Global, Value, Float, Formula

Game Variable Fork: Global, Value, Condition 0: Float, Is Equal, Value

Then I link certain Change Position nodes to certain parts of the Game Variable Fork node.

Will these settings work?
  • I'd recommend using the Approximately or Range checks in your Game Variable Fork node, since you're working with float values here.
    Float values have a certain amount of inaccuracy, that could lead to 1 equals 1 being invalid, so it's better to use Approximately here :)
  • Added Approximately to GVF node.

Added another battle event to the ability that I'm using.

I still can't seem to get my combatant to move when it's hit by a spawned prefab with a damage dealer.
  • edited May 2017
    You need to animate the damage dealer using battle events for that. This is done in the ability's Damage Dealer Settings:
    - enable Animate
    - add the battle events you want to use (like for the normal battle events for the ability)

In the used battle event, make sure to move the Target actor :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Added the battle event to damage dealer settings.

I still can't get the event to work.

Maybe my event is missing something.

• Is the damage dealer doing damage (i.e. set up correctly, activated and hitting the target)?
    If that's working and the event is firing, it might be a wrong setup on the movement node.
  • I can get other events to work in the damage dealer settings.

The formula I'm using for the float values only calculates whole numbers 0 - 5 right now. Would Approximately in the GVF node still work here?

• Approximately will still work - regardless if they're whole numbers or not, they're still float values.

Like I said, if the event is firing, it's probably something in your movement node - can you post your settings in that node?
  • What does the "failed" part of the GVF node do?

Movement node: Change Position, Actor, Target, Local Position, Move, Controller Move, Move by Time.
  • Failed will be used when none of the conditions are valid.

Does the target game object have a Character Controller attached? Otherwise Controller Move can't move anything.
  • edited May 2017
    I don't have failed hooked up to anything, is that ok?

The combatants that I want to move have character controllers attached.
    Post edited by FreedTerror on