edited May 2017 in ORK Support
i don't want the player to see empty menus, so i've set up a couple of Game Requirements: hasInventoryItems, and hasEquipmentItems, with the appropriate items ticked in General Requirements, and the requirements then fed into the Menu System to grey out the relevant menu options if there are no items, or equipment, in the inventory

that all works fine for inventory items, and under most circumstances for equipment items, BUT: if the player party equips all the available items in the inventory, then hasEquipmentItems returns false and the equipment menu option becomes greyed out, which means that the party can no longer UNequip items, until a new equipment item has been procured from somewhere

thoughts or suggestions?

as a small supplementary question, somewhat in the same vein (because it was going to be my hacky solution to the above problem) - is there an easy way to make an item of equipment "not unequippable". sorry about the double negative, but what i'm thinking of is a cursed item that can only be unequipped once a certain set of conditions has been met
Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • Well, equipping something takes it out of the inventory, so there is no equipment left ...
    In case you want the equipment menu only be available after picking up some equipment, you could probably handle that by using variable conditions to only enable the menu after a certain point in your game.

There's no setting in weapons/armors to make the unequipable, but equipment parts have a setting to allow them only to change by equipping something else (e.g. to always have a weapon equipped).
    However, you can lock equipment parts on a combatant using the event system (Lock Equipment Part node). A locked part can't be changed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2017
    basically, i need to be able to find out whether any current members of the Player Group possess any Weapons or Armour, either equipped or unequipped

if they do then the Equipment Menu should be accessible, otherwise it should be greyed out

setting a one-off flag at some point during gameplay doesn't work because aside from equipping and unequipping items they could also lose items by having them stolen, or by selling them, so the situation always needs to be dynamically assessed just before displaying the menu

this is REALLY frustrating, because it's such a trivial seeming problem, but i just can't find any obvious solution to it

Edit: Ok, i've hacked a solution: i've removed the Equipment Menu Requirement check, but i've given the player character a start item that can be neither sold nor stolen, and i'll think up some blah-de-blah to explain why he's got it and why he can't get rid of it. that at least means that the Equipment Menu will never be empty

(i'll also use that Lock Equipment Part trick to force him to always wear it)
    Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • No need for such a hack - the next update will get a new requiprement options when using Has Equipment to Check Equipped equipment as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • cool. thanks gil