edited May 2017 in ORK Support
Hello guys, for some strange reasons, my attack animation doesn't play, but run and idle mode plays. I don't know what the problem is. I have cross checked everything i did with what @gamingislove did in tutorials and gameplay tutorials. I cross checked what i did with his 'mecanim animation tutorials', followed the 'damage dealers and damage zones tutorial'. Added input key keycode through Base/Control > Input keys. Then at the control maps Base/Control > Control maps
I created a control, i called 'attack control'. At the usable in checked real time battle, field and then unchecked others. Then i added a control key. Then at the input setting i selected the input key i created earlier. Then at the Action setting, i selected 'action' as type, then selected 'attack'(also tested ability, but still same result) as action, then checked use auto target and unchecked other fields.

Then at the combatants > combatants, i scrolled to the control settings of the combatant, added a control map, then choosed the ,attack control, i created at the control map earlier.

I then created an ability, at the Animation settings of the ability, i checked animate, then added the 'attack battle event' (following damage dealer and damage zone tutorial) i created. I checked real time and field, leaving others unchecked(also note that the ability i created, is set by default, as the base ability). Then when i test my game, the combatant can only walk and play idle animation, but when i press the space to perform attack animation or call ability, nothing happens.

Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • Make sure the ability is set up as the combatant's base attack (or the ability is known, when using Ability action) and usable in whatever game mode you're currently (e.g. if you're in the field, the ability needs to be usable in the field as well). Naturally, other requirements (e.g. use costs) will also have to be valid.

If that's all correct, the next thing to check is the ability's target settings. E.g. if you're trying to use a Single target range ability without any available targets (in range), there's nothing to use ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove i will cross check again and try and do all you said(even though i believe i did all this) when i get home.

Please i want to ask, if i set damage dealer on my weapon, will an enemy take damage if the weapon touch him(like if i bump into an enemy), when the attack animation is not playing(i know we activate damage dealer when setting our battle event, but i just want to be sure)
  • Damage dealers can only deal damage while they're activated.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!