Just curious if there is a Check If Object is Grounded Node to see if an object is on the ground or not.

If not what is the best way to achieve this? Raycast?

I just want a Bool variable to either be true if grounded and false if not on objects.
This way I can make these objects do certain animations while in the air until they touch ground and do something else.

Thanks,
-Nate =]
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • There's no node for that available in ORK - using a raycast is the best way to achieve it :)

In case you have Makinom, it has a Check On Ground node, which either checks a CharacterController (if you're using that) or also just a raycast.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I do have Makinom and that Node is very useful and will work for this, but since it currently cannot release as a WebGL I'm doing everything in ORK.

So with the raycast if I wanted to have an event continually check a game object bool variable Check On Ground. How would I do this if I wanted to be able to check this variable from anywhere, like in other events as a Global/Game Variable?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • E.g. use a Raycast to Variable node with a very short distance (e.g. 0.1) from the user downward (direction X=0, Y=-1, Z=0). You don't need the stored position, so just put it into a Local variable with some dummy key.

In the Success slot, set a bool variable to true, in the Failed slot, set the bool variable to false. To have it available everywhere, but different for each object, use Object variable origin (and don't forget to add an Object Variable component to the game objects).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome Gil thanks so much I'll set this up and test it out on my free time!

Also is Makinom in the works for WebGL update?
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Did some tests before the last update - I keep getting strange build errors that tell me that basic Unity classes are missing ... haven't found a solution yet :)
  • Your support is amazing GIL!
    Once Makinom is updated making games will be such a breeze using this alongside with ORK!
    Until then I will be learning more on both of these great frameworks!

Thanks a bunch!
    -Nate =]
    Portfolio - My Website