edited April 2014 in ORK Support
What I mean is, in my character's 3d model program (in this case, Blender), I copy the lower part of the character's mesh, make it a separate mesh, and create a pant out of it. The pant and the character synchronize perfectly when playing the animation in blender. I export only the pant mesh into Unity, In Ork, I went through the usual procedure of adding the pant as armor and assigning a weapon part to it. I can equip it fine, but the pant won't move along with the character's leg. It'll just stay motionless floating with the character. Is there a way to make the pant animate along with the character's leg?
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • That's what the Child Linking part in the Equipment Viewer is there for.
    You need to set up a link between the different child objects (e.g. the bones for your animation) of the equipment and the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2014
    I tried that, but it still isn't working.
    For example, in the Child Name (Equipment), I just put in the armor's name, correct?
    And in the Link to (Root), I just put in Armature_001(that's the name of the bone structure).
    So all in all, its like this, did I set it up correctly?
    Child Name (Equipment): Pant
    Link to (Root): Armature_001
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • That depends on your object's structure - you need to use the complete path to your child object and separate different objects by using a '/'.

E.g. Path/to/Child
    Path is a child object of your actual equipment object, to is a child of Path, and Child is a child of to - and the object you want to link.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Phew, 10 days passed already! Try as I might, I couldn't do it XD.
    I don't know if it's because I did it wrong in ORK or if I did it wrong in my 3d program.
    Is there an alternative way to do it, like upon equipping/unequipping an equipment, a certain part of the character's mesh will hide/unhide? An advantage of this is that armors don't really need to be match in ORK, since that is done already in a 3d modeling program.
    If not, do you think sometime you can do a quick tutorial on how to equip deforming armors such as a pant?
    I never thought that trying to equip a pant to deform along with the character would be this hard XD.
  • Can you send me a small demo project with your combatant and the equipment?
    I guess it's easier if I take a look at it directly :)O
  • Send.
    Thanks a lot GiL XD I really appreciate it. Been trying so hard to fix it.
  • It's working as expected once you set up the child linking correctly.

You have to link all different child objects of the pants to the correct child object of the combatant.
    E.g.:
    - Armature/Thigh_L to Armature/Thigh_L
    - Armature/Thigh_L/Leg_Upper_L to Armature/Thigh_L/Leg_Upper_L
    - Armature/Thigh_L/Leg_Upper_L/Leg_Lower_L to Armature/Thigh_L/Leg_Upper_L/Leg_Lower_L
    - Armature/Thigh_L/Leg_Upper_L/Leg_Lower_L/Foot_L to Armature/Thigh_L/Leg_Upper_L/Leg_Lower_L/Foot_L

And the same for the right side.
  • Thanks a lot for the picture in email, GiL. I would never have figure out without it.
    And in case you miss my email, of course you can use it.