Hi,
I have 2 prefabs for my main character one for the field and the other is to use it inside the battle

my problem is that I can't figure out a way to change to the battle prefab when the user enter a battle and then change back to the field prefab when the user finish the battle

could someone help me with that ?
Thank in advance
  • (Assuming this is for turnbased) One thing that came straight to my mind is to use the conditional prefab. In your main character combatant, under conditional prefab, add the other main character model to it. In the requirement, add a bool variable inBattle to true. Now in your start battle event, add a change variable node to make the inBattle true. In the end battle event, change back the bool to false.
  • Yep, conditional prefabs are the way to go. Beside doing it manually with a variable (as @Shadow_Fire suggested), you can also use the In Battle status requirement :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!