Hi GiL,

I'm using ORK 2.10.1 and trying to utilize my scrolling GUI's. I have a game with a lot of combatants in party. Have them displayed as a "Group" scope and as Icons.

Problem begins, when I have to scroll below to select more than the first row, the buttons Highlights properly, but when clicked it always shows the one that was on his position in first row. I've tried to modify the bounds of the Icons properly to their size, but nothing changes.

Spent couple of hours trying to find a solution. Are the scrolling GUI's working properly?
  • Should be fixed in the next update, but you'll have to update to Unity 5.6 for this (required since ORK 2.11.1).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    I've updated to Unity 5.6.3f1 and to ORK 2.13.0.

Wouldn't mind that Unity fucked up half of my particles, which is work for couple of days but also ORK randomly moved colliders and sizes on some UI's. Some buttons are not clickable for no particular reason.

This isn't a fix to me. I can't spend months of work to fix side effects because your scrolling UI's were not working on previous version. It's always the same cursed circle and I'm tired of it. Do you have any other solution?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited August 2017
    Hello @Machal , I think that after the broken parts of your game you got somewhat frustrated, been to your position when changed from 5.5 to 5.6 and Ork 2.11.1. You jumped many versions of ORK at once, and also the unity jump is kinda big.

ORK changed the GUI Boxes a lot in recent versions, I had this problem when upgraded too, but it was a version problem. Also, check GUI Layers in ORK, they have their own scale now if you want.

It took me like a week to fix everything after upgrading to 5.6 in my pretty complex project, so don't get overwhelmed and trust me it will not take you months. Sadly the version jumps have these setbacks, that's why you should version lock when you have everything you need, I needed the new 5.6 navmesh features otherwise I would stay on 5.5, now I locked on 5.6 for good. Good Luck
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Hi dlevel,

scrolling UI's was a feature long ago that worked. Then after some version it stopped working, so I'm not actually claiming something unusual. But in previous versions were other features not working.

Every fix in ORK is bound only to latest version of Unity. So if something bugs in new versions of ORK that was working before, it will be fixed in next version, BUT requires you to upgrade to new unity.

You can't version lock because of this. It's not something new. I'm plowing through this for almost a year now. ORK is starting to look like a cash grab with infinite loop of trouble.
  • Can you give me a more detailed description of when/how this happens and give me more details on your UI setup where this is happening?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!