edited July 2017 in ORK Support
I saw from this discussion: http://www.forum.orkframework.com/discussion/759/loading-screen

that there's a scene changing state that can be used for displaying HUD's while a scene is loading. But since I'd like to show an animated sprite while a scene is loading, I was wondering how I would check the scene changing state from a script? I couldn't find anything about it in the API.

I'm hoping I can accomplish something like:

if (ORK.scenechanging)
{
//run animation
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

EDIT: It also seems like animations are paused while scenes are loading, so if anybody knows a workaround to this, I'd love to know.
Post edited by braytendo on
  • edited July 2017
    I'm not sure, but you have to load the scene asynchronously (e.g. Load Async option in scene changers) to allow animations to still work.
    Alternatively, you'd have to set up a loading scene, which plays your stuff and streams the next level in the background ...

Anyway, the scene change state is found here:
    ORK.Control.ChangingScene
    This is true while changing scenes through ORK's functionality, which all use the Scene Changer component (in case you want to add functionality to it).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This was exactly what I needed, and switching to async loading fixed the animation issue! Thanks!

I did notice something though, it seems that the "Load Game" settings don't include load async? The option exists in "New Game Settings" but that only applies for starting a new game.
  • Should be right there in the Save Game Settings at the top of Menus > Save Game Menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. :D