Hello I work with Ork and unity 5.6, now we have 2017.1.
I do not wanna crush my project as it was with 5.4 to 5.6 (if I remember right).
So can someone confirm that Ork work good on 2017 or is better to not upgrade to 2017.1 now and wait.

Thank you for answer.
  • As can see here, http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/4121/confused-cant-load-orkmakinomconnectionplugin,
    you should wait until GiL updated Ork to be compatible with Unity 2017.1.
  • I'm currently in the middle of developing ORK 2.13.0 with some bigger new features (again), Unity 2017.1 support will be added afterwards, so probably at least 2-3 weeks off.

Until than I'd recommend sticking with Unity 5.6 - I haven't tested with 2017.1 yet, but I suppose it will have some changes that'll break compatibility :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Bigger new features :))))))
  • Double awesome!
  • edited July 2017
    I loaded a copy of my project into 2017.1 to test and I have no issue so far with ORK. You can have multiple versions of Unity installed, just install it to a different directory. Make a copy of your project and open in 2017.1. My Project is heavily modified for real time and everything is working. Not to say there are no bugs, I didn't see any in my particular setup thus far. You can always give it a try.
    Post edited by rpgee on
  • I've already updated mine to 2017.1
    I got a couple of errors so I'll be glad when ORK is updated for it, but my project hasn't delved very far into ORK yet, I've mainly been working on environments and graphics (which did require some tweaking after the switch, such as I had to change from the legacy image effects to the new post processing stack because the Bloom script no longer worked). I mainly upgraded early because I'm pumped about using Timeline & Cinemachine. But for some reason Cinemachine is throwing me an error (??).

Anyway here is the main ORK error I've been getting with 2017.1:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ORKFramework.Display.BaseValueInput' from assembly 'ORKFramework, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo.GetMethodInfo (IntPtr handle) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:59)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo.GetAttributes (IntPtr handle) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:75)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.get_Attributes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:245)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.get_IsSpecialName () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:184)
    UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces.InitializeBuildCallbacks (BuildCallbacks findFlags) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildPipelineInterfaces.cs:185)

Anyone understand that?

By the way, does ORK have Timeline support?
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • edited July 2017
    Here are the Cinemachine errors I'm getting, in case it's somehow related to the ORK error:

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371
    at Cinemachine.Editor.CinemachineVirtualCameraEditor+CollectGizmoDrawers..cctor () [0x00027] in E:\Unity Projects\Olive Branches v2\Assets\Cinemachine\Base\Editor\Editors\CinemachineVirtualCameraEditor.cs:461
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371
    at Cinemachine.PostFX.AutoExtractPostFX.<AutoExtractPostFX>m__0 (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00002] in E:\Unity Projects\Olive Branches v2\Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\Editor\PostFXAutoImport.cs:18
    at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator14`3[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type,<>__AnonType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type]].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[<>__AnonType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type]].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[<>__AnonType0`2[System.Reflection.Assembly,System.Type],System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Count[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Cinemachine.PostFX.AutoExtractPostFX..cctor () [0x0004a] in E:\Unity Projects\Olive Branches v2\Assets\Cinemachine\PostFX\Editor\PostFXAutoImport.cs:20
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes()
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • These exceptions most likely mean that something has changed in Unity (e.g. a class moved to a different namespace) and ORK (or whatever other product you're using) isn't updated to that yet.

These errors will only pop up when the functionality is actually used in your projects :)

@Natnie
    Since ORK isn't yet updated to Unity 2017.1, there's no timeline support yet. I'll look into that for future udpates, after ORK 2.13.0 and basic support for Untiy 2017.1.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No prob, I look forward to it :D