edited July 2017 in ORK Support
Long long ago I know how the move ai works and got it to work everytime with no problem. But I ditched it on a certain day in favor of using makinom as the enemies' movement. Now I want to give it a try again to test something. And only to get stuck on an easy part but which I just can't figure out at all :)
GiL, what do you think is the problem when the enemy wouldn't move at all. It won't go on random patrol and neither will it chases me. A dialogue just appears, "Enemy does nothing" and when I get to the detection range, another one appears with "Enemy attack"? I checked and rechecked, and even went back to follow the tutorial, but I still cant do it.

Here is my move ai
http://imgur.com/a/TceS3
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Well:
    - is the move AI selected on your combatant?
    - is a NavMeshAgent component attached to the combatant's game object (since you're using NavMesh for movement)?
    - is there NavMesh in the scene (and set up correctly)?
    - does the enemy even have time for movement or is he just spamming actions without any timeout between? See the enemy's Timeout setting in the AI settings (only for real time battles).
    - is the enemy within move AI range?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I set up the navmesh correctly. I have a navMeshAgent component attached to it. And I tried setting the enemy's timeout to 0, 1, 2, etc. :)
    The strange thing is that if I remove the real time battle area, the enemy will move around and will chase me if I get too close, but will not use it's attack on me. Adding the real time battle area again will of course result in the same situation as above.
  • Check the Move AI settings in Battle System > Real Time Battles. Make sure you have Allow Move AI enabled and Block In Battle disabled. There's also a range setting for allowing move AI only in a defined distance around the player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!