edited July 2017 in Showcase
Hello,

Thought I'd share some screencaps of my first ORK project (and first real Unity project) that I've been working on in my spare time. I call it "Brad & The Big Axe."

It's a lighthearted RPG about a little tomboy who calls herself "Brad" and her adventures on her way to find "The Big Axe" (which is of course a magic weapon of great renown.) Her currency is rocks which she picks up along the way and can trade for weapons (sold by her dad) as well as various nifty hats she can wear. Plenty of nods to classic RPGs and video game memes abound throughout the dialogue and quests.

Initially, it began as a very simple, low-poly, hack & slash in one scene. The point was to kill as many ghosts as possible before dying.

It then became an action game inside a village scene with powerups, enemy waves, treasure, etc.

Then it became a tiny RPG in a village with a dungeon and a cave and spells were added.

Then it grew to a full RPG with multiple zones, castles, dungeons, villages and more.

Who knows how much scope creep will invade it next and how complicated it will become? At this rate, I'll never finish but it's been a blast so far!

ORK is a truly fantastic asset!

Post edited by FancyFerretStudios on