edited July 2017 in ORK Support
Hey guys, I'm new here, and trying my first custom scene, it`s a character selector screen i'm working on.
So far so good, I created 2 ugui button to choose Female or Male, and once you click it sets the player a different variable that I used for variable pefabs on the player combatant.
So far so Good.

My character is spawned onto the spot I selected on the screen and I can rotate a custom camera with arrows <- ->
orbiting around the character, beautiful.

The issue is, My character movement is present, I mean if I press "wasd" keys, that are my movement keys it moves. I realized I need to create a block character Movement node, but once I set it up, my character change (female/male) stops working!!!

These are mu setups:

CreateM example:

Also this strange piece of "ui" appears:

Post edited by Limonada on
  • The UI is probably a HUD that's displayed due to the blocked control game state - check your HUDs for that :)

Anyway, I guess your buttons call ORK events? Since you blocked the control, make sure to enable In Blocked Control in the event interactions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2017
    enable In Blocked Control?
    sorry, didn't get that.
    Sounds a bit confusing, so for any ui elements work in block player control state I need this node?

I have these buttons calling Ork to change sex, so how would I go about that? I believed it`s always working since it`s an onclick event?!

gotcha!

Thank you very muuuuch!
    I'm trying hard to get to know the entire platform, it`s so huge and amazing! this small steps are a pain in the ass since i don't know my way around.
    Post edited by Limonada on
  • If you haven't done so, I'd recommend starting with the game tutorials, and follow them without changes. They'll teach you the basics and workflow of ORK :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I did, I follower everyone twice, but it's too much to digest!