Hello everyone, having issue with spawning some combatants based on quest status and game variable. I created a game event(speak to rachael event) which contains some dialogue, such that after the dialogue, a quest task status is set to finished and game variable(a global event and a float) is set to 1. Then on my combatant spawner, i added a quest task condition and checked is valid, selected the quest task, and set the status to finished. Then added a game variable condition(a float) which is set to is equal to 1(also note that i have crossed checked the game variable value so many times, to make sure they tally). Which means the combatant will be spawn when the task is finished and game variable is equal to 1. But for some unknown reason is still not working
  • I guess the combatant spawner is in the same scene as the quest event and using the Autostart start type?

Disable Auto Destroy in the spawner's variable settings - this will make the Repeat Check settings available in the start settings. If enabled, they'll continue to check the spawner's condition and spawn the combatant once they're valid :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yes they are in the same scene(i mean the combatant spawner and quest event). Yes the start type is set to Auto Destroy. I also Disabled Auto Destroy(i also tested it with Auto Destroy enabled and repeat check enabled). Unfortunately this didn't solve my problem. I have other quest task in that scene, but this particular case i want the combatant spawner to spawn combatant after the Speak to Rachael event (of which i added Change game variable and Change task status which are both conditions for the combatant spawner to spawn combatant). I am thinking of sending the project to your email, but am concerned about the size.
  • Hm, could be an issue whith your condition setup on the spawner.
    Is the spawner spawning the combatant when you leave and enter the scene again?

Alternatively, you can also spawn the combatant manually in the quest event, either using a Start Combatant Spawner node (using a set up combatant spawner) or a Spawn Combatant node.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2017
    Still having problem with combatant spawner conditions and event interaction condition. Both seems not to work when the condition(global variable and quest task status) are set. It seems the check of global variable condition and quest task condition is only done once, when the scene is loaded. The check is not done at the middle of the game(when condition of variables/quest task changes). I have tried it with Auto Destroy and repeat check checked, but the gameobject of the event interaction is destroyed. Am using ork version 2.10. I have thought of alternative ways of doing this, but they are not working. Please assist me with this
    Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • If you're using Auto Destroy, the game object will be destroyed at the start of the scene when the conditions aren't valid.
  • So, how do i check repeatedly, in other to call the event when the variable conditions and quest task conditions are true? Based on what your saying, it means conditions cannot be checked in the middle of the game?