edited August 2017 in ORK Support
Hi Gil,
I am very close to completing my game but I am having a BIG problem with either Saving or Loading Scenes in my game. This is my last problem, but my biggest so far.

Having finished my game, I have only just tried the SAVE/LOAD Part of ORK, unfortunately it does not work for me.

After a SAVE POINT, I test load the saved Level only to see a completely Blank White Screen, although the Menu does show up when ESC is pressed.

I tried your latest Demo 09-12-2016 to test the SAVE and LOAD level, and it works perfectly, I then copied exactly the same Save Load Menu details from Your Demo Section into my Editor, I used the Save Point method, using the Save Point Script with a Collider.

I am using Windows 10 – DX11 – 64bit - Unity 5.6.1.f1 – ORC 2.12.0 This is the ERROR Text..

Error while parsing XML data: at System.String.IndexOf (Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count) [0x00013] in /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:1114
at ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser.Parse () [0x00000] in :0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
ORKFramework.XML.XMLParser:Parse()
ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:LoadFile(Int32)
ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:CreateFileInfo(Int32)
ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:CreateInfos()
ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:GetFileInfo(Int32)
ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler:GetFileList(Boolean, Boolean, List`1&, List`1&, AddCancelButton, CustomChoiceSkin, CustomChoiceSkin)
ORKFramework.LoadGameChoice:ShowList()
ORKFramework.LoadGameChoice:Show()
ORKFramework.LoadGameChoice:Show(IChoiceSimple, IEventStarter)
ORKFramework.MainMenuChoice:Closed(GUIBox)
ORKFramework.DialogueContent:Closed()
ORKFramework.GUIBox:Tick(Single)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler:Tick(Single)
ORKFramework.GUIHandler:Tick()
ORKFramework.ORKCore:FireTick()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler:Update()

Thanks for your help
Post edited by ozziedave on
  • This sounds like you have a variable key with an empty space, e.g. 'variable key' instead of 'variable_key'.

Best way to check this is in Editor > Game Variables, where you'll be able to list all variables used in your project.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Gil, I found 4 Global Variables with a Space in them, is there any quick way of finding excactly were they are in the Editor, or do I have to find each one in my Events of which I have over 100. Realising that I will have to change them in several places.

Thanks
  • Not really ... you can somewhat limit it down if your events are in separate folders by using the Folder setting and clicking on the Scan All Events button.
    E.g. if events from a town are stored in Assets/Events/Town, you'd scall events in Events/Town.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @ozziedave If you use an external program that scan text files maybe you can find them by scanning your event folder with it. I opened an event.asset with notepad and I could see code.
  • Thanks all, I went through the mos obvious EVENT Files and found all 4 of the problems

Would anybody know how to Delete the Unwanted Slot Saves, as I would like to get my test
    Saves out.

Cheers
  • Depends on your OS - e.g. when using Windows, they're found somewhere in your user folder > AppData
  • Gil,
    After you said that the saved scene data was somewhere in my own WINDOWS USER FOLDER, I realised that it wasn't bundled in with the compressed distributable at all.

After learning that, I downloaded my finished distributable game to my other computer, which had never been used to play the game on, and on playing the game a bit, and trying to Save, I found all of the 3 SLOTS empty.

Obviously thats got to be the way it works - PROBLEM SOLVED.