edited August 2017 in ORK Support
He returns to base but doesn't look at the enemy, he just looks off at a weird angle with his back turned, how do I fix this???image
Post edited by euwarnii on
  • Either enable Reset Look Angles in the last battle event's Event Settings or use a Look At Enemies node at the end of the battle event (or any other rotation node that suits your needs).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks I'll try that, I've also noticed at end of brown pants attack even though he looks away evil pants doesn't attack, he just stays there.

Also their distance from each other is very large, how do I bring them closers together?
  • edited August 2017
    Hi euwarnii,

In the Editor, COMBATANTS look at MoveAis and the STOP Settings, this will make the enemy stop closer, or further from the player.

At the bottom of your COMBATANTS SECTION you will see USE MOVE AI, tick it, and drop down the list, until you find the Move AI that you saved.

I have found that it is best to have control of your Players ATTACK ANIMATIONS, I use a
    GLOBAL EVENT tied to a Key Stroke that way you can place your own Attack Animations in an EVENT
    with SETMOVE AI TARGET NODES, which make your player always face your enemy.

Before this, I found my Player turning away from the enemy all of the time.
    Post edited by ozziedave on
  • Thank you all of your suggestions really helped me! However i finished most of the tutorials and ran into an error. The AutoDestroy for cinematic and itemprefab underpants won't destroy themself. They keep looping. Even witht the inspector setting to AutoDestroy. What should I do differently?
  • Make sure you follow the tutorials - e.g. the variable keys matching.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks that helped, it's working now. it was the variable keys that was the problem.
    I've finished going through the videos for tutorials but how do I convert this a 2d platforming action rpg type of game?
    Can I do Combos?
    Can Combos be combined with abilities?
    If hero/heroine levels up is it possible to allow player to decide which stat to update
    Level Up Screen?
    Victory hud for beating a boss?
    A Victory-esque screen/hud for adding a party member?
    Can Party Member leave a party (like blue pants)?
    Is it possible to do a map of the world?
    -places they have been
    -places they haven't been to with ???
    is Teleportation?
    And can Ork framework do IAP and achievements
    or do those achievements have to be done with Google Play Services?
    And Can Bestiary Feature a picture of the Enemy and a small blurb about them, like FFXII?
    Can holding a button trigger an ability, like hold "X" key for 2 seconds to unleash
    super saiyan mode for 12 seconds?
    And can ORK Framework allow inventory to have a set amount and player buy better inventory with IAP
    eg.
    Inventory A = can hold 20 items and 5 armor/weapons,
    Inventory B = can hold 40 items and 10 armor/weapons for $1.99
    Inventory C = can hold 100 items and 30 armor/weapons for $3.99

I know it's alot but Ork Framework has truly revived my faith in Finishing this game I can't get off my mind. Truth be told I am more of a designer/art type of developer. Game Scripting has never been my forte or real focus. Thanks to ORK Framework I can do what I love and let Ork Do the Rest! You Guys are a God Send! Blessings!!
  • I'm pretty sure you can do most of everything you asked, but you will have to learn how to use the event system and learn how ORK works in details. I'm currently creating something quite comlex with ORK, and so far it's been capable of doing everything I wanted, with some work arounds.
  • Hey I'm on the last tutorial and I finished the add 2nd player tutorial
    but blue pants won't show up in the field or battle. Why is that?
  • Also How do I make the camera 2d sidescrolling?
  • edited August 2017
    Blue pants most likely doesn't show up, because you either:
    - didn't add him to the player group (or battle group), check that in the event that adds blue pants to the group
    - your battle group size is set to 1, check that in Game > Game Settings in the Player/Group Settings

As for the side scrolling camera, the best built-in camera control for that purpose would be the Top Down Border camera. Otherwise you can use any custom player/camera control with ORK.
    Post edited by gamingislove on