edited August 2017 in ORK Support
I have some other combatant in some scenes where I can interact to trade and exchange items.
However, if I change scene their inventories refilled all the times.

How can I save proper items and quantities for all combatants?

Thanks if someone could help.
Post edited by bomobee on
  • edited August 2017
    If the other combatant not set up as a shop:
    Menus -> Save Game Menu -> Save Settings -> Spawned Combatants set to "All".

If it is a shop, then:
    World -> Shops -> "Your Shop's Name" -> Base Settings -> check "Save Shop"
    and Menus -> Save Game Menu -> Save Settings -> Save Shops set to "Save"

Post edited by Ondatr on
  • Hi Ondatr,

Thank you so much for your advice.

I did both of your suggestions, still getting same result.
    The NPC inventory still reset if change scene or quit game.

Any other idea?

Thanks again for your time.
  • Maybe the NPC is respawning with the scene load?
  • edited August 2017
    I think so, the NPC is respawning with the scene load.

Do you know how to block it to be re-spawned?

Thanks a lot.
  • Why is it respawned in the first place? What is your setup for this NPC?
  • edited August 2017
    I set it up as an ally combatant.
    No Move AI, Battle AI, just a plain NPC with some start inventory that I can interact to exchange items only.

I noticed all combatants in my project always re-spawned even if I chose the Save Spawn Combatant option in save settings to All.

I also put the NPCs into the scenes directly, and use Add Combatant component instead of combatant spawnpoint but the same result.
  • You'll have to use a Combatant Spawner with Remember Combatants enabled and a set ID (Get New ID button).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    Thanks a lot GIL.
    It works now!

Ork Framework is not only great asset but your support also great.
    I'm appreciated.
  • edited August 2017
    Hi GIL,

I checked the Remember Combatant box, including pressed the Get New ID button already.
    But after testing several times I found that if I change scene or load the game from menu screen without quitting the game, the NPC inventory was saved and loaded correctly.

But once I quit the game and start loading game from the main menu, the NPC inventory reset again.

Please advise would be appreciated.

• Hi GIL,

I change to use Item Box instead of combatant.
    Now, I can trade/exchange items and it works fine.

So, i marked this discussion as solved.

Thanks.
  • Great :)

In case you want to use the other system again - make sure the Spawned Combatants setting in Menus > Save Game Menus is set to All to save all spawned combatants with a save game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GIL,

Yes, I did set the Spawned Combatants to All in the save game menus but the result was the same.
    Loading a save game from menu screen works fine, the inventory of combatant not reset, but if quit to main menu and load a save game the combatant inventory always reset.

I am not sure if I did something wrong, will try to find out.

Thanks a lot.
  • I'll look into it.
  • Thanks a lot.