edited August 2017 in ORK Support
Hi, I have a lot of scenes in my game (zones) and I have a plugin that lets you chop up the scene into chunks called SECTR, but I can't use it until my game is complete, but I still need a "Loading Please wait" screen between scenes. Does anyone know how I do this? Please and what size the image should be and if it should be a png or jpeg file. Thank you.
Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • You could e.g. use a HUD using the Changing Scene display condition.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    Thank you. Do you know where I mention the HUD? Do I put in the start game event? I don't see a place for entering in my image background for my load screen for my new HUD. Thanks for answering.

1 more thing if anyone can help please.

I have a Stag..Male deer with horns looking creature. All animations work well, but when he attacks with horns, it plays very fast and loops rapidly nonstop. I tried slowing the animation with set speed, and it had no effect. I tried adjusting the animation file itself, to no loop. That did not work. I am lost now as to what to do. It is a legacy animation.

• The background image would be added in your HUD, e.g. in the Image Settings, or as a background image for a HUD element.

If the animation is set to not loop, there's no way it can loop - make sure you're working on the correct animation :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2017
    Thank you Gil,

The Wild Stag antlers attack animation, I chose wrap mode to "once" for both of the wrap mode settings in the animation. the time is 0 to 30 and I tried the animation speeds of 10 , then to .20 then to 600 in the ork animation settings, for hornAttack1, animation, and he still attacks with his head very fast and looped, maybe a little slower with the 600 setting but not sure. I don't know what to do. Please any more ideas would be great. Thanks.

Also,My FPS controller player is bouncing after he jumps. Any idea what setting I can set to remove this behavior, please? Thank you.
  • Well, how's the animation looking if you just place the stag in a scene and have it play the animation automatically (without ORK involved)?
    Also, the animation speed in ORK's animation settings works like this - 1 is normal playback speed, 2 is double speed, 0.5 is half speed, etc.

Since I don't have your FPS controller, I have no idea what setting to change :)
  • edited August 2017
    Ok thank you Gil. I will play around with the controller. I will also test the animation some more, thank you. I cannot get the FPScontroller prefab , to change the Jump duration to 0.9 instead of 3, that is why my character is bouncing. The Ork ButtonPlayerControllerScript keeps getting added to my FPS controller on play, and even when i set the jump duration to 0.9 preventing the bounce, the script on play sets it back to 3, creating the bounce.

I just spent a ton of time working the battles, and went back once again to the tutorials. Finally I got it. Ok, for those who dont know. here is how to get an enemy and your player such that you cannot keep backing up and casting a spell to cheat, while the enemy cant reach you.

1. Go to Battle System, battle settings.
    2. set Default use range to 3.
    3. set battle range to 3
    4. set AI range to 6.

that worked for me. it is a little corny how you have to be right in the enemy's face to cast a spell, but honestly, if you can cast a spell far away, the animal or creature unless they cast, cannot reach you, enabling cheating.

edit . here are screenshots of my player prefab settings.

https://aestrelon.neocities.org/ork.help/fps1.png // part one to the left fps controller settings

https://aestrelon.neocities.org/ork.help/fps2.png //part 2 fps controller settings

https://aestrelon.neocities.org/ork.help/fps3.png //part 3 fps controller settings