edited August 2017 in ORK Support
hello .

I am trying to create an AI for a diablo - like game , including melee , range AI .

I couldnt figure out ORK ai system at all , i mean move AI , and battle AI working together .

Does battle AI control move AI ? Do they work seperately ? Do battle AI get executed when "hunt" for the move AI has reached the target ? there isnt anywhere on move ai to run any event when AI gets close to it's target . I got a thousend questions like that , and i couldnt find a single useful tutorial on these kind of AIs (i mean action AI's and not turn-based).

On second thought ,can i use another Custom AI plugin , < ICE or Emerald , etc > and still benefit from ORK systems ? by ork systems i mean , Hp, mp , status effects and such ?

If it is possible , is there any tutorial about it ?
Post edited by shadowof047 on
  • Move AI and battle AI are separate systems and work separately.

The move AI is responsible for moving the combatant, e.g. patroling or moving toward a detected target.

The battle AI is responsible for selecting an action that should be used. There are check nodes to check the move AI's state or if a target is detected by it to use that information in the AI.

You can also use a custom AI, or even build one with ORK's event system. Just don't use the move AI for the combatant and add a battle AI that only uses the None action.
    The rest depends on the AI system you're using and if you still want to use ORK's actions (e.g. an ability), in which case you'll have to do some custom coding to call that action from your custom AI.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!