• That ability to switch player control in the Control Block Settings is great; I didn't even notice that! Specifically what I'm trying to do is change the combatant to be set as the player during their turn because when I use a control map to bring up the equip menu during battle; only the default combatant (player) can use the control map. I went to use the control map for the equip menu because if I use the equipment option in the battle menu I can't limit the equipment parts shown and I have an extra menu. The funny thing is that using the battle menu action instead allows that combatant complete control over their own equipment though.

Reference pic...

• There's the Selecting Control Map setting for this, can be found in the options of the individual battle systems (except real time).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, that's a setting I completely overlooked. In the interim I had settled on using a game event during the start of the turn that detects the value of the action bar and then sets that combatant as the player.

Also would it be possible in a future update within the battle menu options to have the option to set it like items and abilities whereas you can choose to only display a certain type of equipment or equipment part? Thanks for the help as always.

• edited February 2018
    There's already the Limit Ability Type setting for the Ability battle menu option. As for equipment, this'll display the equipment parts of the combatant.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I'm having an issue with my Grid Orientation Selection. I have the move command set to be the first thing every turn (I'm using the default gridMoveComman event) and it works but I added a Grid Orientation Selection node which also works but the marker is centered on the original cell where the combatant was rather than the destination where the combatant currently is. I'm sure this is a simple fix but I'm not sure what I'm missing. The node is set to combatant/(object = actor) and (actor = user).
  • This is because the combatant's cell isn't updated at that point, due to the grid move event from the tutorials is pretty simple and didn't require that. The combatant's cell is updated automatically at the end of the grid move action, but you can also do this manually with a Set Grid Cell Combatant node.

After finishing the path, before the Grid Orientation Selection node, use it to set the user as the Combatant of the cell.
    You can also update the combatant's cell while moving from cell to cell, in that case I'd recommend using the Move set as selection.
  • Well, that totally makes sense. Thanks for the heads up! I implemented the node as you said but nothing seems to be happening. I'm assuming I've placed the settings incorrectly. Could you please take a look at my screenshot to see if I've misstepped?

• edited March 2018
    UPDATE: So I changed the settings according to what you had suggested by using the Move set instead and it works. Can't explain why it wouldn't work otherwise however.

On a related note could you inform me how to make it so that when this action is happening (gridMoveCommand) that I can press "submit" while the combatant remains in the original cell and then I can use the Grid Orientation Selection. Basically I would like it to be that the combatant does not necessarily have to move from the original cell to enable the orientation change. Right now it only works if the combatant moves away from the original cell.

Also is there a confirmation menu option for the move command? You know like, you hit submit and it'll ask if you are sure; yes or no? Wondering if it's an option in the framework that I overlooked before I build one.

Post edited by superschure on
  • Actually, you'd have to use the actor you've stored the grid cell for movement in the Grid Cell Settings. In the tutorials that's been the Found Objects actor with cell as object key.
  • This question is pretty vague; I'm using a change equipment node to swap an accessory in a game event. However nothing happens. I've tried as many combinations I can remember and the closest I've gotten is that I can swap the equipment of another member in the group but not the member who initiated the event.

Basically what I want is that when member 1 casts X ability then an item is equipped from inventory onto that member and when that member would cast Z ability then that item is swapped with the first item going back into the inventory.

• Make sure you're using the correct actor to change the equipment. I'd need more details on your node's setup to give advice :)
  • edited March 2018
    I messed around with the event actors and turned up some other stones and realized that the class change that is intertwined in the ability was wiping out all of the equipped items. To get around it I have the nodes lock the equipment parts before the class change then unlock after the change. I guess when you change classes all the equipment is removed/replaced? Thanks for your help!
  • Yep, changing class will unequip everything - that's also mentioned in the help text of the node :)

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to store the equipment via selected data and equip it after the class change again.
  • edited April 2018
    Within the Change Image Position node you choose the GUI Layer and then the Image ID but how do you set an Image ID? I've punched in different numbers but no dice. I would like to move a HUD to a certain position during a game event rather than just blocking/unblocking.
  • The image nodes are used to display and move images around. They have nothing to do with HUDs :)
    The image ID you define when showing an image is the ID of the image for using it in other nodes (e.g. to move or fade it).