I have weird issue with battle grid and movement path selection. I try to explain it as good as I can, but in brief here it how it goes:

- The battle grid does not contain any blocking cells, only cells that are available for movement selection
- I have combatant deployed in a cell, and grid move command is activated
- I hover with mouse to the 15th cell straight from the combatant to the combatant's facing direction, the movement path is generated as expected and I'm able to choose the path for the combatant's destination

- Now, I'd want to move the combatant only 11 cells ahead of him, so I hover over the 11th cell to the direction where the combatant is facing. This time the path is generated totally off course, some 5 cells to the right of the combatant
(the red circle is pointing where the combatant's destination was expected to be)

- Next, if I rotate the camera view a little, I'm able to get the movement path generated to the intented 11th cell

I have tried this both with the "Select shortest path" option on and off, same behaviour. Also, I tried to set the raycast distance 10 times higher with no effect. I'd think this has something to do with the raycast settings, or how the path to destination is selected? Any suggestions where I could start looking into this in more depth?
  • How do you select the cell - mouse/touch or input keys?
    If mouse/touch (i.e. cursor over cell), it might be that a GUI box is blocking the cursor?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm using mouse/touch, and also with the "hover select" enabled. I tried though adding keyboard input as control method, that way the path selection seems to work ok.

After that, I tried disabled all my huds in the battle, no effect.

After that, I tried and disabled all "Cursor over" options in my GUI boxes, still no effect...

I also tried to verify, that I do not have any hidden gui boxes hanging around by enabling "show box" on every gui box content settings, it didn't appear that there would be any blocking gui boxes present.

I'm at a loss here...could it have something to do with my camera settings? Or how the camera is facing towards the battle zone?
  • edited August 2017
    Finally was able to solve this. I got a hint from the same solution that was used in this post forum.orkframework.com/discussion/4225/move-command-in-battle-for-atb-system#lates.

In Battle System -> Battle Grid Settings -> Grid Settings: I had Layer mask in Raycast settings set to "Everything". Changed it to "Default" and now the cell selection seems to work ok!
    Post edited by l3p1 on
  • That would've been my next question - this usually is an issue with layer masks used for the raycast :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!