edited September 2017 in ORK Support
Hello,

It's been some time since I've been back here!

My game has been going very well so far, and I hope to have some awesome things to show everyone in the next few months now that the story and quests are complete.

Quick issue I'm running into regarding Saving.

So each time I attempt to load any created saved data in my game (via the save system) I am provided three specific (and repeating errors)

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,ORKFramework.Group].get_Item (Int32 key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
ORKFramework.PlayerHandler.get_ActiveGroup ()
ORKFramework.GameHandler.get_ActiveGroup ()
ORKFramework.ChangeGameVariable.Change (ORKFramework.VariableHandler handler)
ORKFramework.VariableSetter.SetVariables (ORKFramework.VariableHandler handler)
ORKFramework.EquipShortcut.InitVariables ()
ORKFramework.EquipShortcut.LoadGame (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
ORKFramework.Inventory.LoadGame (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
ORKFramework.Group.LoadGame (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
ORKFramework.Group..ctor (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
ORKFramework.PlayerHandler.LoadGame (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
ORKFramework.SaveGameHandler.Loaded (ORKFramework.DataObject data)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.SceneChanger+<OnSceneLoaded2>d__27.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.SceneChanger:OnSceneLoaded()
ORKFramework.ORKCore:FireSceneLoaded()
ORKFramework.ORKCore:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

As well as:

System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.Int32,ORKFramework.Group].get_Item (Int32 key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
ORKFramework.GameHandler.get_ActiveGroup ()
ORKFramework.DragHandler.Tick ()
ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick ()
ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update ()

Along with:

ORKFramework.PlayerHandler.GetPlayer ()
ORKFramework.GameHandler.GetPlayer ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.KeyPress ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.Update ()

Annnd lastly:

ORKFramework.PlayerHandler.GetPlayer ()
ORKFramework.GameHandler.GetPlayer ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.KeyPress ()
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction.Update ()

So I read some previous answers about other people's issues with the save system. And so I checked to see if I had any game variables with spaces in them.

At first I did, but I went ahead and fixed them all. So at this point, no game events contain any variables with spaces.

I've also deleted the original save data I had via manual removal in my AppData file (since I'm using Windows)

However, I still seem to be running into problems upon loading newly saved game data.

Has anyone experienced this before and or could provide some suggestions on how I can continue to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!
Post edited by twill14 on
  • Hm, from the look of it, this could have something to do with the active player group ID - are you using multiple player groups in your project?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hmm. Well I don't think so. At least not intentionally.

The only thing that happens in the game's start event is a Join Active Group Event for my three test characters followed by a Lock Battle Member event, and lastly a Join Battle Group event for a 4th (but none field group participant) member.

There was one time I had attempted to make a new party change Event which involved re-assigning current members from group I.D. 0 to group I.D. 1.

That event only works under an interaction condition.

So as soon as I begin the game, there should not be any events that affect the original Active Player Group ID.

Otherwise, is there a way to check this?
  • Should I, perhaps explicitly define a beginning start group in order to avoid this situation?

I see a Set Start Group option in the New Game Settings.

So Perhaps It might help for me to explicitly define the group via a Combatant group?

Just a thought. Otherwise, I'm actually interested to know how the Default Active Group is determined in ORK.
  • Hm, not really ... could you send me a small Unity test project where this is happening?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes certainly, it happens at any point/scene where I attempt to save, so I'll send you a sample room.
  • I went ahead and sent you an email containing a test project room and a sample data.

Let me know if you need anything else that might help better. Thanks Gil!
  • For others having this problem: this will be fixed in the next update :)