edited August 2017 in ORK Support
Looking to make a black gui box, I still want the text to be able to show up.
Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • Just a simple black gui box with no decoration whatsoever? That is very easy to do. I did that in less than a min. Heck, the longest time is used to wait for gimp to load up. In Gimp(or photoshop), just create a new layer and put it to black. Import that and plug it into the ork's gui skin and there you go. :)
  • Yea just a simple black gui box.

Do I export a PNG from Gimp?

Can you explain how to import and plug it into the ork gui skin? Thanks
  • edited August 2017
    Yeah, import it as an png. In Unity, create a new unity guiskin. (Right mouse click -> Create -> Gui Skin)
    There are two ways to do it in Ork.
    One is to use that guiskin as a base for all gui boxes in Ork. To do this, go to Menu -> Menu Setting -> Default GuiBox Settings, and plug in your guiskin.
    The other way is for individual gui box only. In the gui box themselves, go down to Override Default Settings to the Gui Skins section. Plug your guiskin here.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • edited August 2017
    When I create the gui skin do I right click the png, then create a gui skin?
    Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • Yeah, that also works too.
  • I can't seem to get it to work still. I noticed when I create a new gui skin and name it, the file extension is ".guiskin" while the guiskins from the tutorial resources have a file extension of ".GuiSkin" Do you think this might cause a problem?
  • .guiskin should work correctly.
    In your newly created guiskin, did you drag the black png into the Box -> Normal -> Background?
  • Added the png to Box -> Normal -> Background. That worked =).