I've setup custom camera control which overrides the CameraTargetChanged method. I've added the control to Game Control -> Camera control -> Custom controls.

In my battle settings I have following configuration in the 'Look at Menu User' group:
Enabled: true
Look at type: Camera control target
Reset current target: true

Now when I load my battle scene, a combatant of my group is set as camera control target (even though in battle the combatant is not yet selected). For the first time in the battle if I select that combatant, the CameraTargetChanged event does not get called as I was expecting it to (due to the Reset current target option). The combatant does still get selected in the battle.

If I cancel out from the selection, and select the same combatant again, or if I just end the phase and select the combatant in the next started phase --> the CameraTargetChanged event gets called properly.
  • Probably because the combatant was already the target of the camera (e.g. the player).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • But shouldn't Reset the current target-option make the CameraTargetChanged to get called? Somehow I got that insipration from option's description :o...
  • Well, it depends on what already is the target - e.g. if you start a battle, usually the player is still the camera target, unless you change that somewhere :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!