edited September 2017 in ORK Support
I'm just getting back into OrkFramework after a bit of an absence. Using Unity 2017.1, and have the sample app as my initial base.
When the ItemCollector in the "town" spawns (it's set to "place on ground"), it spawns in the terrain, and then shoots up and tumbles across the scene. If I turn off the "place on ground", it simply drops through the terrain. The prefab has a rigid body and box collider, and is on the "default" layer. The terrain has a terrain collider, and is on the default layer. I've checked the physics section, and the collision matrix has everything checked. Movement and interactions work ok. Only the ItemCollector is wonky.

Is this a known issue? Is there something that should be changed on the sample data prefab?

Edit: I can just remove the rigidbody. Physics will quit working, but I guess that's not a big deal. Still weird that it drops through the terrain.
Post edited by jaimi on
  • Well, place on ground will place the item on the ground, but if the origin position (X=0, Y=0, Z=0) of the prefab is e.g. in the center of the spawned prefab, the item will spawn in the ground, resulting in physics shooting it off somewhere else.

For this case, there's the Spawn Offset setting in the individual items and equipment to define an offset to the spawn position :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!