Hello guys, am trying to create a stat for a selected menu item like weapons, gears e.t.c but there is no textcode for item selected bonus. Its there a way to get around this problem? or must i add the stats as item description.

Another problem, am trying to spawn my player combatant to a position(Kind of like, is spawned inside the inventory . The way it was done in dungeon hunter 4 and 5) , when my inventory is called.
  • Currently you'll have to add that information to the description of the equipment, e.g. using the %bonus text code (which uses Bonus Display settings defined in Menus > Text Display Settings).

You could do that in the open/close events of the menu screen. Or, if you just want to show the player in the menu, you might be looking for the prefab portrait feature that was introduced in one of the latest versions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you, will try the latest version. Hope upgrading to latest ork version will not affect my project?
  • The latest version requires Unity 2017.1, so that'll definitely affect your project ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • going from 5.6 to 2017.1 created 0 errors for me, surprisingly. And my project has quite a bit of assets
  • edited September 2017
    Seems am behind, am using 5.5 to accommodate some other assets, will upgrade in later projects. Anyway @gamingislove and @dlevel thanks for the reply
    Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • edited September 2017
    @gamingislove sorry , went through our discussion, wondering if i missed something. Are you saying that using menu screen open/close event, i can add/spawn a player combatant in a menu screen(or possibly anywhere the player can conveniently see the combatant)? Please can you mention the node steps on how to do this
    Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • Well, the open/close events use regular game events, i.e. you can do all sorts of things, like spawning/placing a combatant, changing the camera, add effects, etc.

To show something like that in a menu screen you'd have to use a render texture somewhere (e.g. an Information menu part) that's used by a camera to output the camera to that image.
    That's pretty much what the prefab portrait feature does :)