Hi, I don't know how I would do it but I know I need an event tied to a spell ability. Not sure about the specifics maybe someone can help me? I want to have a "Giantism" spell that makes my player very high off of the ground, either enlarging his prefab, or putting him y position higher in the air. Then I want a "Dwarfism" spell, to do the reverse, low to the ground. Any help greatly appreciated. Please be specific about what I should do exactly so I can try it out. Thank you.
  • edited October 2017
    For laughs, I want a spell to do this to creatures too. Would be funny. I already know how to make a cube smaller with an event by shrinking its size. .. or was it that I move the cube? I forgot. That is about all. These effects should stop when i zone to another scene.
    Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • edited October 2017
    It doesn't matter if you're doing this to the player or an enemy/ally combatant - you'd use the Change Scale node in the battle event of the ability/item to do that :)

Since this just changes the scale of the spawned prefab of the combatant, the effect would be gone when you change scenes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • you are totally awesome GIL!! thank you!!! Oh man I can't wait to try to do this. LOL!
  • my flying spell works perfectly. amazing. Is there a way I can disable the spell in indoor zones? because I get stuck in there. But really GiL. it is an incredible addition to my game. Thank you!!
  • You can use the Use Requirements of the ability for that, e.g. using a bool variable condition, only allowing the spell to be used when the bool variable is true.

That way you can use autostart interaction in each scene to turn the spell on and off - or even only allow it within defined areas (trigger enter interactions) of a scene.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you GiL. How do I set the bool variable in the use requirements for the ability, once they enter a scene? please.
  • The ability's use requirement is just to check the variable - enable Use Requirements and click on Add Game Variable to add a variable condition and set it up to match the variable you're using.

To actually change the variable, you'll need 2 game events, one that sets the bool variable true, one that sets it false. Depending on allowing the ability or not, you'd use one of the game events in an Autostart event interaction in the scene.
  • Thanks. So do I make an autostart event in the scene, and for a indoor scene i set the variable to false, when it loads the scene, and when outdoors, i use a startevent in the scene to set the variable to true? please .sorry i don't know much. Thanks for helping.
  • That's correct - indoor scene uses the event that sets the variable to false (disabled), outdoor scene uses the event that sets the variable to true (enabled).
  • awesome thanks so much. This is starting to get great.!!
  • edited October 2017
    edit: after hours of pulling my hair out...unable to make the use requirements work.. I have decided to make a "no.fly.token" item where i don't name it. The name is blank, so it just shows up blank in special items in inventory. I give the token to myself when i zone into an indoor scene, and when i try to cast the fly spell indoors, the spell event says "cant fly indoors, try going outside". then when i zone out, i have an event remove from inventory my token, and boom, i can fly.

Not the best solution, but i have had enough trying. and at least now, I can add a message to it, not sure if i could have before. oh well.
  • Well, it's a solution :D

In case you want to try it with variables again - the use requirement variable condition would look like this (using a bool variable with the key 'noFly':
    - condition type: Variable
    - Value Type (Variable Key): Value
    - Value (Variable Key): noFly
    - Is Valid: enabled
    - Type: Bool

For changing the variable using a Change Game Variables node, the variable key would be the same (i.e. value type Value and value noFly), type would be Bool as well. The Value toggle field defines if the variable will be set to true (enabled) or false (disabled).
  • edited October 2017
    Thank you for that. edit: On my creatures' rigidbodies, should I be enabling gravity? I was unable to set a variable name when I set it to type bool. But that is what I basically did, although I don't think i remember seeing the word variable key. but anyway, I don't think my players will go through the trouble of going out to sell the token that makes them unable to be able to fly in the zone, because as soon as they get back in, the event will give them another one! muwahahahha. and i dont have a destroy item function yet. I probably should. they can just sell when they get full. Should I add a destroy item ability?

awesome. I just solved the running far away biting in the air problem with 99 percent of my creatures. I set the animation settings on the prefab EXACTLY as they were on the gazelle that worked, and bang, the wolf works perfectly now. Just to rinse and repeat and I'm good. Thank GOD. That was plaguing me for months. probably a year.
  • You can set the item to not be sellable and dropable, as well as being hidden - i.e. the player will not even now it's there :)
  • wow great, i did not even know that. thank you! also, should my monsters have "use gravity" enabled on their rigidbodies? please. Thanks very much. GiL