edited August 2019 in ORK Support
Hi GIL,

I tried tixing this but still failed.
I integrated FPS with Ork for a while now everything seems to be fine but I just found that Call Save Menu & All Show Dialogues always hide mouse cursor.
I can only use arrow keys up down to select choices which is quite not comfortable.

I tried some customs scripts this one made the cursor visibled.

Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.None;
Cursor.visible = true;

Once I made the cursor visible and invisible using call funtion node for dialogue and call save menu, new problem came.
Now once menu screen opened I can't see the cursor but still can click knowing the cursor moving around since the choices in the menu screen got highlighted.
I can also click the menu screen and sub menu of menu screen too, can also click items in inventory as well but can't see the cursor.

But if I don't use custom scripts, the menu screen is the only dialogue that I can see and use the mouse cursor properly.

I have come quite far and don't know how to roll back.

Please if you can advise if I can do any trick to fix it.

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by bomobee on
  • edited October 2017
    Hi GIL,

Fixed it with some amendments in that unity asset scripts.
    But took me 2 days to find it, and mixed with custom scripts to show and hide cursor using Ork event the Call Function nodes.
    Including adapted some of Base/Control custom controls until they were matched.

Thanks.
    Post edited by bomobee on
  • Glad you could fix this yourself.

Generally, you'll probably want to show the cursor when disabling the player controls (e.g. when opening a menu screen or during dialogues) and hide it when enabling the controls again. This is best done in the OnDisable and OnEnable functions of your control component - you can learn more about this in the custom control how-to.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL for your advice, I did fixed the problem with some custom scripts.
    Cheers!