edited October 2017 in ORK Support
Hey!
I am new to both Unity and ORK. I worked with Unreal Engine 4 for quite a while before I decided to switch over to Unity for my RPG project. So I am aware that this might be quite a "noob" question.

What would be the best way to use first person view in a fantasy RPG? Is Realistic FPS the best? https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7739

or does the standard first person view ORK provides also have features like RFPS (melee, bow)?

How do I implement RFPS

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Post edited by Corvyn on
  • edited October 2017
    Some other people here have already worked with ORK and RFPS, e.g. here and here.
    I haven't tried it, so I can only give you general information from ORK's perspective, e.g. the custom control how-to.

ORK has support for combat with physical damage, e.g. hitting with a sword or bow. In ORK this is handled by damage dealers/zones. You can learn more about these mechanics in the how-to on doing damage, and they're also used by the game tutorials and this gameplay tutorial.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Tried using the first person controller in ORK. Blank ORK Test project. Only ORK and the Tuorial files in it. Starting new game in 0 Main Menu, spawning in 1 Town.

All camera options work (follow, top down...) but if I choose first person then the camera is going crazy, too low (corrected that) but facing wrong direction, going up and down. Everything but what it should do. Any ideas?
  • ORK's built-in first person camera works best with the Button player controls with First Person enabled.

As for the first person camera control itself, the crucial thing here is to set up the correct input keys for this. You'll most likely want to use mouse movement, which requires you to set up 2 inputs in the Unity input manager first - one for the mouse movement X axis and one for the mouse movement Y axis. After that, you'll need 2 ORK input keys that use the Unity inputs you set up, and will become your horizontal (X axis movement) and vertical (Y axis movement) keys.
    If the movement is too fast, use the Sensitivity setting in the camera control to change that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!