edited October 2017 in ORK Support
Hello, i created and added some abilities to my weapon, such that when the weapon is equipped by the player and the player earns a certain amount of experience point, then those abilities are unlocked and can be used by the player. The problem is when the conditions(player equipping the weapon and also gaining the required experience point) are met, the ability is not shown in player ability menu. I can only see the abilities i added to the player combatant Attack & Abilities setting.
I want the equipped weapon or armor.

I also want to add that, when i equip a weapon, i expect the weapon base attack to override the default base attack in my player combatant Attack & Abilities setting, so therefore replacing the base attack in my combatant attack shortcut setting, but it doesn't change when the weapon is changed, it still the same default base attack. Thanks in advance
Post edited by henkesky1 on
  • Can you tell me more details about your equipment ability setup? Might be a wrong condition setup.

As for the shortcut, make sure to disable Use Attack Ability in the shortcut assignment. If it's enabled, it'll make a shortcut to the ability of the base attack, i.e. to whatever attack it was at that time. The shortcut will only update when the base attack changes if this is disabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My settings for Equipment abilities
    Ability Heavy smash (the name of the ability. Also note that the ability does require any level point)
    Ability level 1
    Lean ability type Auto
    Experience Xp (my experience status value i created)
    Learn points 1 (i choosed this number for testing purpose)

Please i can find where your talking about. Can you point me to the specific setting. Can't find Use Attack Ability anywhere
  • Hm, working fine on my end - when equipping the weapon (or armor) with the equipment ability, the ability is available to the combatant (e.g. in menu screens or the battle menu), and when receiving enough exp, the ability is learned and available without the weapon/armor as well.
    Check if the ability is hidden or not useable in whatever game mode (battle or field) you're checking this in. Also, the ability could be set to an ability type that isn't shown by your menu screens or battle menu (if they're set up to only show selected ability types).

The Use Attack Ability setting is available in shortcut assignment settings for Attack shortcut types, e.g. in Menus > Shortcut Settings or an individual combatant's settings.
    How/where did you set up the attack shortcut?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Managed to rectify the first problem. I was actually checking a wrong weapon with very similar spelling(am doing this project alone, so i get stressed out sometimes. Please bear with me). So, the abilities are available when they are equipped. Thanks on that

For this part, i have to say am using ork version 2.10. I assigned the shortcut at the player combatant setting(Combatants/ Combatants/ Battle settings/ Shortcut settings/ Default shortcut ) I added a shortcut type Attack. I set the list index 0 Slot index 3 Attack index 1(because am using the first base attack). I just can't find Use Attack Ability anywhere. There is no Menus>Shortcut Setting in my own version of ork.

• Well, that stuff was added in later updates ...
  • edited December 2017
    @gamingislove
    Ok i managed to solve the first problem, but still having issue with shortcut slot.

i upgraded to ork version 2.11(am using unity 5.5. So it seems this is the highest level of ork i can upgrade to). I saw the shortcut setting(menu/shortcut setting), but still can't find use attack ability setting. I tried to see if can use global event to change base attack a particular equipment part is equipped, but i can't find a node that can change my player base attack.
    Another problem i ran into(though this is not the appropriate place to mention it). After upgrading to ork version 2.11, my project started crashing when i start a new game(shows a null reference exception error), if i load a saved game from the main menu, it works fine. I can't figure out why is happening

Another question is, i can't find a way to add footsteps sound for my player
  • For footsteps you need custom scripts, search on asset store there are plenty for couple of $
  • @dlevel have you used any before? can you send me the link
  • But i think i can do it with animation events. Just want to know if i can do it with ork
  • edited December 2017
    Finally he has come online. If things goes well, i will definitely visit Austria. So impressed with the dedication and work rate
  • The Use Attack Ability setting for shortcut assignment was added in ORK 2.13.0.
    If you can post the error you get when starting a new game I might be able to help you, but since you're working with such an old version, it's most likely a bug that's been long fixed ...

As @dlevel said, you'll have to use custom scripts or 3rd party products for footsteps, ORK can't do everything (yet) :D
  • edited December 2017
    Thanks. Well i only see the Null reference exception error saying Object reference not set to an instance of an object. The unity editor is frozen when the problem starts, so i can't click the console. Don't know if this information can help
  • Hm, no, not really - I'd need to know where it's coming from :)
  • Hi, another question about this option, where can I show my list of abilities of selected equip when choosing the equip from menu? so player will know what to choose before actually equip it. I looked at description and text code and stuff, I couldn't find it. Did I miss something?
  • There's no text code to list the equipment abilities of a weapon/armor, you just have to add them to the description manually.