I want to make a turn-based game where you can parry an enemy that attacks you by pressing a button at the right time. The player would then automatically do a riposte. Basically, I want to mix Dark Souls with Paper Mario. If you've somehow never played those, I'll show you what I mean...

So it would play like this:

...but the animation would look a little more like this:

I'm a beginner here on #24 of the Game Tutorials. I just want to make sure that something like this would be possible before I put too much time in or purchase the full version of ORK. Thanks!
  • Yes, that's possible and would be handled by the battle events used to animate your actions (e.g. the attack ability).

The mechanic can be added using input nodes, e.g. the Wait For Input node, and continuing with the action as needed (e.g. input pressed in time - play the blocking animations and perform a counter action).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!