Hey GiL and everyone. I hope your games are getting better. If I export my Unity ork game for the Windows store, will it work for download and play on the Windows Store? Please. Thank you! I really think I may be finished adding things to my game and fixing bugs. So things are going good. Thank God for Ork. It's a dream builder.
  • Never tried it, I'll give it a try and report back to you :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • great thanks very much GiL. :-D
  • edited November 2017
    Hey @silverglade1 , can you share with us your final product? Really curious to see the games come out of this place... game dev is like a warzone and we're fellow soldiers :D
    Post edited by UserName on
  • Nah, doesn't work - you'd have to make so changes in the ORK gameplay code, as the Universal Windows Platform build has some standard classes in a different namespace (e.g. everything related to reflection).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok thanks very much for checking that. I am not sure how I will release my game now to the public though. UserName yes I will share the game, not sure now what to do, also the game is only like 60 percent done. so will be a while.
  • Steam is a good option, you pay 100$ and you can release there. FYI, Steam is a very good platform for alpha-beta testing as it has a beautiful update system that handles unity builds perfectly and you don't have to upload the whole changed files.
  • wow thank you dlevel. ok.
  • edited September 2023
    First of all, I really hope your game development journey has been fruitful. Ork is indeed a fantastic tool for Unity, and it's great to hear that you're wrapping up your project.
    As for your question about whether an Ork game works with the Windows Store, the short answer is yes, it should. Unity provides an option to export your game specifically for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), which is what you need for the Windows Store.
    If you're running an older version of Windows or need another license for testing, you can get a windows 10 key cheap. Having a stable environment could really help you test any final bugs before your big launch!
    Post edited by BraydenMiles on