I know this is a super simple question and I feel like it's been asked before, but how the heck do I change the text color on gui box choices based on states? The color tint option for button prefabs just changes the button, not the text.

I just want to make the selected/highlighted text white and the not selected text grey on a gui box without some doofy extra scripting. Is that so much to ask?

a million thanks for the answer!
  • In the GUI Skin settings used by the GUI box (usually the default GUI skin settings defind in the menu settings), there's the Fade Button Children setting for this :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ha, figured out the issue. I didn't have "show button" checked. A small suggestion, but you might want to make a note for users in the GUI skin section (for defining button prefabs) that this is a required setting. I wasn't even aware of its existence.