Hi,

I've been following the tutorials and I'm having an issue. I've created the quest and followed the tutorials. However I'm having an issue with the item displaying after setting auto destroy. Even when I accept the quest, the item doesn't appear.

When i turn off auto destroy, the item is there but i can't interact with it. after i accept the quest, i can interact and collect the item.

The issue is the auto destroy as it doesn't spawn the item.
  • I set an event to spawn the item when the search variable was valid and it work.

What exactly was I doing wrong, why wasn't the item spawning. I'm sure i followed the tutorial properly.
  • If the item is in the same scene as the event, it's probably already destroyed on scene load due to the conditions not being valid.

You can change that by disabling Auto Destroy in the item collector's Variable Conditions. This adds new settings to the Prefab Settings of the item collector:
    - enable Use Conditions
    - enable Repeat Check
    - set Repeat Check After (s) to e.g. 1 to check the conditions every second
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!