How would I go about creating like a quest board?

For example, say I receive a quest from a quest board gameobject, the quest tells me to speak to a particular NPC to learn more about the quest. How do I go about doing that?

Before you accept the quest, the NPC will have a different dialogue about something else but when you accept the quest from the quest board, the NPC will then talk about the quest.

I don't want the event file to be on that NPC but I want the NPC but on the Quest board gameobject. Is that possible?
  • There are 2 ways to do this:

1) Already start the quest at the quest board, making talking to the NPC the first task. The NPC would use Question Conditions in its event interactions to determine which dialogues to display, or just use one event to handle everything and do the quest condition checks in the event.

2) Set a game variable (e.g. a bool variable) at the quest board and use Variable Conditions on the NPC.

The quest board itself will use a game event with a Show Dialogue node, using choices to list the different quests. Selecting a choice will either start the quest or set the game variable.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!