I'm missing something fundamental: how does the Calculate step know exactly WHAT to calculate?

In other words, how does it know to calculate a hit or miss for a normal attack, versus whether or not an item use was successful?

• That's all happening in the Calculate node :)

Or to be more specific, in the action that called the battle event with the Calculate node. The node just causes the action to do the calculations or do whatever the action's result should be (e.g. exchanging group members).
    E.g. an ability action does the whole hit/miss/critical chances and status change calculations here.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, RIGHT! The ability calls the battle event, and it does the calculation that's set to right there in the ability!

Thanks! I'll eventually internalize stuff like this, but thanks for answering even my dumb questions!