edited November 2017 in ORK Support
Looking to make the AI move In and out of the players range to bait the player into attacking.

Fox baits Peach into attacking by moving in and out of her range in this gif. https://gfycat.com/HiddenUnconsciousCockatiel
Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • Hm, you could do that via abilities, which use Change Move AI Mode nodes in their battle events to change between hunting and fleeing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2017
    Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • You've linked the same move AI screenshot twice :)

Anyway, your battle AI is just checking if enemies are valid fleeing targets (i.e. mee the flee conditions of the move AI). When and where is the actual ability using the battle event is performed?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does the ability have a use range?
    And is there any time between AI actions?
    Because using an AI action out of use range will have the combatant move into use range, without any time between the actions it'd just keep moving into use range.

Maybe try adding a Wait node to the ability's battle event to define the time the combatant should flee.
  • Hm, the move AI of the combatant might be blocked while using the action, that's why the Wait node doesn't help. Check if the used battle events have Block Move AI or Block Actor Move AI enabled in their Event Settings node.

Also, what's the Move AI Settings in your battle system (for real time in Battle System >Real Time Battles)?
  • I made sure Block Move AI and Block Actor Move AI aren't enabled.

Move AI Settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/utu9v9985tz16p7/Screenshot 2017-11-27 19.52.47.png?dl=0
  • Hi, I also have this kind of problem, in my case, the Move AI is changing constantly among idle, hunting, waypoint, I tried to change settings back and forth, also I read forum, but I couldn't know where is the problem. It seems everybody else is not having this problem. My settings on Move AI is exactly like tutorial at current state. I am using A*pathfinding project (I test it and works with ORK well). I check on inspector the problem is at Move AI component mode is keep changing. My game is real time battle only. Any guess where could be the problem?

Second problem is when the player character close enough to enemy with Move AI, the enemy did attack the player with normal attack (as tuts), but sometimes after 2 - 4 attacks, the AI stuck in "idle" state. When the player moves a bit, the AI continue to attack again, but then after few attacks, it is stuck again.

anybody can help me please? thanks before.
  • @ledx I'm not sure about your first issue.

Regarding your second issue, If your using an ability and battle event to do the attack, try adding a wait node to the end of the battle event and set it to 1 or 2 and, test if your AI gets stuck in idle after multiple attacks.

I'm not using idle currently in my move AI settings.
  • Make sure your attacks need some time to perform (i.e. the battle events animating them should have Wait options enabled or a Wait node) or the combatant at least uses an AI Timeout (set up in the combatant's AI settings). If there's no time involved, the combatant would end up permantently using actions, not giving the move AI any time to do something, constantly switching modes.
  • Thanks @FreedTerror @gamingislove for the response, for my first problem I found it. it's because I have set the move range or hunting range too short. I didn't expect that was the problem, because I thought after getting out the range, the AI will go back to their position regardless of the detection range. It seems the combatant position is outside the move range or hunting range, yet the detection range is still in range this cause confusion on the move AI decision (idle/hunting/waypoint) I believe this will be an odd settings for the real time battle or open world battle scene.

For second problem, I managed to make it the right composition between the length of animation and the wait node. Seems these two things has to be done right to play good animation.

I have new problem, my AI animation run smoothly it's like, running / chasing player, then when in ability range the AI hit me and does the damage ok. Yet I apply the same animation and it's settings on unity and ork on the player, I run to enemy then I press attack WHILE running, the animation is like perform in half (not finish and also not smooth) but if I attack while no action (is idle) the attack animation run smoothly. I tried to configure the transition here and there, I still can't find the solution, and I think it's not the problem, or is it? Can someone help please?

P.S sorry for my bad english. I hope you guys understand what I am saying.
  • Regarding ranges - there are also global range limits for AI and move AI, see Battle System > Battle Settings for those settings. They're used to prevent enemies far away from the player to take up CPU time.

What animation system are you using - legacy or mecanim (or custom)?
  • I see, I think I understand what you mean, let me try for the range limits for AI and move AI.

I am using mecanim. It's like the animation run faster when the player is running compare to idle (no other action is running). and also I already use the block control map, block player control too on the battle event.
  • @ledx I'm also using mecanim. Regarding your animation not finishing while your running. Are you using auto animation on your combatant? It could also be that there is not enough wait time in the event. Set the wait node value to a higher value and see if you can complete the animation.