edited November 2017 in ORK Support
I'm following along with the game tutorial, and I have my basic menus more or less set up. My inventory menu has the type box enabled to show on the left, and then the items on the right. Hitting the accept key on an item pops up the action sub-menu.

1. Is there any built-in way to spawn the action sub-menu at the selected item, like how right-click context menus work in other programs? I see there's a way to spawn it at the mouse position, but that's not quite what I want since most of my navigation is being done by keyboard.

2. When the action sub-menu is open, I'm unable to close it with a key press (namely Escape); it only closes by selecting the Cancel action. Is there a native way to bind Escape to this?

3. Hitting the accept key on an item type pulls the focus to the item list, but I can't find a way to bind a key to refocus the type list. I've bound keys to the next type and previous type actions, but I'd rather be able to hit Escape and navigate the type list as normal, with the up and down arrows. Edit: at the least, is there a way to automatically select an item type (e.g. All) so it starts focused on the item list?

To elaborate, the control flow I'm aiming for is:
Overview Menu -> Call Inventory Screen |-> Up/Down navigates item list -> Call Sub-Menu |-> Up/Down navigates actions
|-> Tab changes item type (initializes to All) |-> Escape closes sub-menu
Post edited by shinka on
  • 1) If you want the sub menu to be called when accepting an item choice, you just need to use the same input key for both the Accept and the sub-menu call key.

2) Using the Cancel key should close the sub-menu.

3) No, but you might just want to use Tabs instead of an item type list box? Or just don't show the item types at all (None type display), just navigating them with tab.

The accept/cancel key are set up in Base/Control > Game Controls.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!