edited December 2017 in ORK Support
Hi GiL,

I would really appreciate ORK events having an option to start with Menu Screen User as an actor.

Using many custom menus, where most of parts, like Combatant Upgrades, Combatant Sell or Combatant fancy information require Global events...but I need to have stupid steps like setting the menu screen user as party leader, in order to do any of the above things. It's a even more weird explaining this step in Tutorial for players.

This would save at least me a ton of trouble... :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Global events called through a menu (i.e. a Button List menu item) already use the user as the Starting Object of the event. Same goes for global events started by a HUD, which use the combatant used to display the HUD.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2017
    In case you use only portrait prefabs to display combatants in menu, there is no object in the scene.

There is no option to specify him in the global event, only by making him a leader.

I don't spawn player during the menu.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • There's been a change in the latest update (ORK 2.14.2), where also unspawned combatants can be used as actors when coming from menus, HUDs or the new equipment events.

Naturally, this only works in nodes that use the combatant (like status nodes), not a game object, e.g. you can't animate or move an unspawned combatant :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2017
    I'm talking about the Actor in Global Events. It doesn't matter what user is in the screen currently, when the Global Event checks doesn't understand who is the actor.

Have to use Check Combatant node in global events, to define them. I haven't found any other working solution than the Player.

E.g. Let's say I want to sell my unspawned 12th combatant, on my menu screen.
    I click his Icon to make him menu screen user, then on button with Global Event and he gets sold.

How do you define that combatant in the event?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • If the global event is called by the menu screen, the user is available as the Starting Object actor type.
  • Oh, wow, that's what I needed to know...it works now! :D

Thank you GiL
  • You're welcome - it's like this since the latest update (ORK 2.14.2), when I noticed that unspawned combatants aren't useable in that situation :)