Hi all,

Have recently purchased Ork and am really excited to get familiarised and discover the whole framework. I'm starting out by following through the how-to and game tutorials, and have been experiencing an issue with the Framework's text boxes. What I mean by this is- for example, when you are in the Menus tab and add a new menu - you then add a Name in the 'Base Settings' - I'm referring to that type of text box: where you enter the text, such as 'Main Menu.'

When I start to type anything in the box, the box gets deselected after each letter is typed. So, if I'm trying to type 'Main Menu' - after I type 'M,' the box is deselected, so I have to keep reselecting the box after each letter. Otherwise, I will need to just copy/paste everything into there. This doesn't happen in description boxes or multi-line boxes within Ork, but just those single line boxes. I'm only experiencing this in Ork, not when typing things in the inspector etc. (I'm coming from a coding background and have never used a visual editor - so maybe I've missed some setting somewhere). Maybe this is a silly thing and there's something obvious that's causing this.

I should mention that I'm using Mac Sierra and the latest version of Unity.

Thanks for the tips :)
  • This is a bug with Unity 2017.2, as discussed in the bug report thread.

As far as I know, the only solution is to use a different version of Unity. GamingIsLove recommends 2017.1.

I still use 5.6.4 myself, as I find the 2017 versions to be problematic in general.
  • Ah, got it. Should have checked that thread out.
    Thanks for the heads up
  • Also, to clarify - it's a Unity bug and which should be fixed in Unity 2017.3.
    At least they marked it as fixed in the issue tracker.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, yea, I saw it was a Unity bug in the thread. For now, I'm sticking with 2017.2 and just copy/pasting text into those boxes (since it's just those name boxes, not the description or sub boxes etc). I'll wait for 2017.3 and hopefully it will fix that.
  • edited January 2018
    Question: @gamingislove Has this Unity bug been fixed yet? I ask since its marked a fix in review which i thought meant the fix isnt working and they are trying again?? If its not fixed yet, what version of unity and what version of Makinom and what version of ORK do you currently recommend to escape this bug? Was just about to dl Unity, Makinom and Ork again to try ORK and Makinom out again when i saw this thread. This sounds like a nasty workflow slowdown bug. Thanks.
    RF
    Post edited by RifleFire on
  • @pruggi Keep in mind that each numbered version of Unity has several patched versions.

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

I'd recommend scanning the Fixes section of Patch 2017.1.2p4 and see if they addressed this.
  • According to the issue tracker they have a fix in review - but it isn't in any released version/patch yet.
    If they don't sort this out in the next release I'll have to make changes to the editor ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!