edited December 2017 in ORK Support
UPDATE: If I make the initial camera move significantly longer (from 0.5 sec to 10 sec), I can see where the problem is occurring, but I'm not any closer to fixing it. If I place my player, before the camera reaches it's final position (at 10s), then the battle goes along as normal, and the camera's more or less where I want it to be. If I do NOT place my player before the 10 seconds is up, the camera gets to the desired position, and then moves instantly to the undesired position about 6 inches from the ground, and looking down, leaving me unable to see the full battlefield. I can partially see some hexes, so I can then still place my player, and if I give the player a command (Defend, e.g.) the camera zooms out and rotates to focus on the player for a few seconds, then reverts to the undesired position and rotation.

...so I'm still struggling with this. Any ideas?

----

ORIGINAL POST

----

I have a grid battle camera that is not behaving correctly. It *SEEMED* that the issue was that the y value should have been higher to accommodate my terrain, but it's just zooming in in a way I don't understand.

In other words, the grid battle camera is too close to the grid to do anything, and I'm pretty sure that I'm just setting something up incorrectly!

jim
Post edited by chainsawpenguin on
  • Sounds like you should use the wait option in your camera nodes to not start player placement before the camere move is done - or not use Camera Control Target in the grid battle combatant placement settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Added wait to the camera node, and it correctly does not allow me to start placing my player before the 10 s wait is up... but exactly at 10 s it auto moves to the undesired location (from the desired location), and then i see the popup to start placing my characters, but I can't because the camera is close to the ground and I can only see one or two corners of the hexes...

I also verified that the Camera Control Target in the Battle Grid Settings -> Combatant Placement is unchecked.

Hmmm...
  • edited December 2017
    Hm, is your camera control blocked or unblocked?
    If unblocked, try using a Camera Control Target node in the battle start event to make the battle arena the target. Might be related to the player game object (probably) being destroyed at that point.

Oh, and which camera control are you using?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "Hm, is your camera control blocked or unblocked?"

blocked

I'll try unblocking and adding a CCT node.

....Hmm... I'm using the follow camera. And I've destroyed my player.

.......I think you may be on to something. I'll fiddle with it!

• Okay, I've tried the following:

Unblocking the camera and adding a CCT node. Still exhibits the irritating behavior (moves to undesired position prior to player placement).

Changed control mode to:

Mouse
    Look
    Top Down
    Follow

In all cases, once the cam move is complete, the camera moves to the undesired location (basically RIGHT on the ground, pointing down). It's like there's something somewhere that is undoing my block camera instruction.

Still working on it.
  • Changed the order: Player Grid Placement first, THEN Change Camera Position. This works, but it means I have to severely constrain how my player approaches each battlefield.

....I'm still fiddling with it.

• I can look into it if you can send me a small Unity test project where this happens to contact@orkframework.com :)