edited December 2017 in ORK Support
Hi

I just encountered an issue when I tried to create a new project in ORK editor. Not sure if this happened before.

Reproduce steps:
1) In Editor -> About
2) Click "Create New Project" - then create a name for this new project in the popup dialogue.
3) Once you complete above step, you should see the "Current Loaded" is the project you just created.
4) Now click "Save Settings"
5) Now ISSUE raised: the "Current Loaded" will go back to the default project "ORKProject"

(I can load the new created project again manually, but whenever I click "Save Settings", it will reload "ORKProject" and save change under that project. If there is no "ORKProject", it will then create a new project with name "ORKProject" and save into it.)

It's a dead loop here, I'll never be able to save my new project and use it later.

Any thoughts?

I am using 2017.1.0f3.
Post edited by ljx00_520 on
  • Yep, there seems to be an issue - will be fixed in the next update.
    In the meantime, you'll have to rename the projects to have the one you're working on being "Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset".
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for look into it.
  • Hi GIL,

I think this issue still persists in 2.14.4 in another way. Now that the issue I pointed out above is well resolved, I can "Save Settings" for a new project; however, once I clicked play button to put the scene into running; ORK editor will create (if I deleted) and load the default ORKProject asset. So when I break the play mode, I have to load the project I created manually in order to modify it. It's annoying.

Could you take a quick fix for this in next update as well?

Thanks.
  • Will do some tests.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!