edited December 2017 in ORK Support
In a Combatant Spawner Area set to Active Time battles I have observed two problems that I can't tell it they are bugs or not. Firstly, fairly frequently, enemies display getting hit but do not take damage or display a miss. Secondly, rarely, the active time gauge will fill and the battle menu will fail to open, leaving the game stuck with no way to continue or exit the battle short of quitting the playthrough.

I can upload my build if you need, but any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Megami on
  • It'd be great if you can send me a small Unity test project (or download link to it) where this is happening to contact@orkframework.com - there's a lot of settings involved that could cause that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Turned out the players or enemies were failing to get to their base points in the Event moveToBase, and this was hanging the game and preventing anything from moving forward. I fixed it by checking the "save Move" box on the moving back node.

Thanks!
  • edited March 2018
    I'm seeing a similar problem with runToBase (Demo Tut 21). When the player (BrownPants) uses it, he tries to go to some location beyond the edge of the road and gets caught on the cliff then the game hangs. Turning on Secure Move seems to keep the game from hanging. the enemy (EvilPants) has no problem returning to his proper point of origin.
    Post edited by GameDaddy on
  • I fixed it by first saving in runToTarget my position to Global variable Base. Then in runToBase Change Position to Global Base. An uncomfortable solution but it should work as long as there is no interleave or concurrency in combat.
    When I tried to save my position to Object Actor User variable Base it was always zero so I believe it never got read or never got saved.
  • @GameDaddy
    Sounds like there's an issue with your player's battle spot, check if you've set it up correctly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!