edited December 2017 in ORK Support
Hello,

Sorry for posting more beginner's problems on here, but I wanna figure out something regarding NPC's in my project.

Once again, I've been closely following the tutorial on the main site, I've done some work on adding quests in the game and I've got two NPCs, but there's something strange.
If I click on an NPC with my mouse, it will display the text box and I can interact with them just fine, but if I try to use the 'Enter' button, or any button on my keyboard for that manner, I can't interact with them at all.

I should also mention that I can open and scroll through menus without any problems, it's just interacting with NPCs and the like that's unresponsive.

I'm wondering if I am once again, completely overlooking something or if there's a bug.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Okay, the problem has been resolved!

As it turns out, the problem was that I accidentally used a 2D Interaction Controller instead of a 3D one.
Post edited by PottedCactus on
  • edited December 2017
    Did you set up (and add) an interaction controller as the game tutorials explained?

Interacting through the interaction key (I think that should be enter in the tutorials) is only possible if the player has an interaction controller and the interaction is within the controller's trigger. Also, the interaction game objects need a collider to be recognized by the interaction controller :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay! The problem has been solved!

As it turned out, I did have an Interaction Controller for the player, and I did, indeed have colliders for the npcs.
    The problem was, the Interaction Controller's own collider was way too small, but I've resolved that now.

Once again, thank you very much for your continued help and patience!