WexWex
edited December 2017 in ORK Support
Hey Gil I am wondering if it's possible to move in a battlegrid without having to select the grid before hand.

I'm trying to figure out how to do battle grids in first person. Is it possible to have the move input move into the cell in front of my player.

I am using on screen touch controls (arrows to move in a direction and control camera). I have been trying to figure it out but I am going to ask while I continue to try to find an answer.

EDIT: A temporary work around (or forever) was I made the move command be the first action on every turn, then made the forward arrow on my HUD do the move command and then had the "battle menu" be used as a cancel button calling up the menu. If there is any other way to do this Id be happy to use it but this does seem to be working for prototyping.
Post edited by Wex on
  • You could set up the individual movements as abilities and use control maps to start them.

E.g. for forward movement, use a Store Grid Cells to store the cell in front of the user (e.g. using a grid shape mask) and use that for movement. Naturally, you'll first want to do some checks on the stored cell, e.g. if it's a blocked cell or occupied by another combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2018
    I'm interested in this too, I'd like to have the active combatant be able to move through the grid during the turn without the move command. Similar to Grand Kingdom. Any insight you have would be appreciated.

EDIT: I realize now that the movement I'm looking for (and maybe @Wex too) is the same as the combatant placement movement at the start of battle. Is there an event responsible for that movement whereas the combatant is moved with the cursor instead of solely the cursor?
    Post edited by superschure on