edited December 2017 in ORK Support
Hey! Is there a way to preserve the Culling Mask settings of the Main Camera on game start? I want to add some game objects that should be visible only to the second mini-map camera I added, so I put them on their own Layer, but when I start the game, the Main Camera that shows up in the Scene has its own settings, and I'm not sure where to change those.

Thank you so much! If I can get this one thing working, I can write up a tutorial for other people.
Post edited by Megami on
  • In your main camera layer setting, be sure to remove the layers of the objects that the map camera enabled.
  • I did that in one place. The Main Camera in the Main Menu Scene is set so the Culling Mask excludes the 'mapmarker' layer I created for minimap icons. But as soon as I hit play and a Main Camera is created in the Town Scene, it has completely different settings than the Camera I had access to before.

I don't know where, precisely, to set the changes to make them persist at runtime. Or is it a matter of making my Main Camera a Prefab?

Thank you for the suggestion!
  • edited December 2017
    Ohh, I see. So the main camera isn't in the scene but you spawn it in runtime?
    If so, yeah you can try making the main camera a prefab to see if that works, or you can also have an autostart event upon play using the change camera option node that will change the main camera's layer to exclude the mapmaker icon.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Thanks, I'll try that next!
  • Worked perfectly