I've been looking through the equipment section, and I haven't found a way to set base damage ranges for a weapon. I'm wanting to do an rpg somewhat inspired by the d20 system, where weapons do 1dX + Y damage, with smaller weapons doing something like 1d4 + 3 and larger weapons might do 1d30 + 27 or whichever. While I could have an attribute saved to the combatant that the equipment then adjusts, I would like to be able to have my combatants with a large number of weapons all with different damage values, with the combat mechanics able to look up what those damage values are independently.

Is there some way to store damage value or ranges on the equippable weapon itself?

Could I have some four armed creature wielding:
1d4+Strength damage
1d6+Strength damage
1d8+Strength damage
1d10+Strength damage

all as weapons with each attack able to calculate the different damage value based on weapon used in the attack?

I've tried using Equipment Variables, but I haven't had much success with them, or at least haven't been using them in a way my formulas have been able to read, and even should that work, I don't think it would work with one attack formula used for 4 different weapons as wouldn't each weapon damage value write over the one before?

I'd prefer not to use different formulas for each attack.

Anybody have any suggestions of where I should look next, or some feature that I have overlooked?

• edited December 2017
    Generally, that'd be a classic use case of a weapon damage status value you can use in your attack formula.

Alternatively, you can use equipment variables to define custom values and use them in calculations (see the selected data feature for details).

Or, you can override the base attack for each weapon and define custom attacks for every weapon type.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!