In my grid start event, I add three combatants with AI control to the Ally Group. Then I call the "Spawn Combatants" node, and select Ally Group.

What I'm expecting (and what I'm trying to do) is that three AI controlled allies are spawned on the hexes marked with a Grid Cell Type of "Deploy Ally".

Buuuuut... what ACTUALLY happens is that the allies are not deployed at all, and the hexes marked with "Deploy Ally" are now valid positions for placing my player group characters.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial or offer a quick guide on how to add AI-Controlled Allies to a Grid Battle combat? Or even any suggestions of what to try next?

Thanks, team!

Jim
  • edited January 2018
    Are the AI allies part of the player group or a separate group (e.g. combatants or combatant group from an allied faction added to the battle)?

Adding them to the player group might exceed the battle group size, thus not joining the battle group and not being part of battle.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!